Why Use Video for the Industrial Business?
Video is all the rage! I’m sure you have seen lots of video snippets on Facebook and longer videos on YouTube. So why does everyone seem to be jumping on the video bandwagon? And will it make a difference for an industrial business?
The answer, everyone is hopping on board and doing video because it increases engagement and that almost always increases sales. Will it work in your industrial business? You better believe it. Video is an effective tactic for today’s B2B marketers and that includes industrial businesses.
Let’s take a look a look at the statistics from State of Video Marketing Survey published by Wyzowl regarding video in general:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% in 2017
- There’s been a 17% increase in video usage during the last 12 months
- 97% of marketers say video has helped increase users’ understanding of their product or service
- 76% say it helped them increase sales
- 47% say it helped them reduce support queries
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service
- Video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined on social platforms
- 38% of marketers have published video content on LinkedIn
- 87% of marketers have published video content on YouTube and 90% of them found it to be an effective strategy
- 68% of marketers have published video content on Facebook, and 87% of them found it to be an effective strategy
- Facebook gets over 8 billion average daily video views.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
- By 2021, it’s estimated that 80% of internet traffic will be represented by video
- High Tech, Professional Services & Media, and Entertainment & Publishing are the top three industries for video production. Manufacturing also ranks high on the list at number eight.
Build Brand Awareness with Professionals and Other Businesses
Drive Qualified Leads and Acquire Customers
Video helps you quickly and easily convey information, build trust, and even create an emotional connection, it’s essential for helping prospects through their research process.
Now Is The Time
If you have been dragging your feet on using video, it’s time to jump in or risk being left behind in the competition’s dust. Currently, 13% of manufacturing companies have published just 0 to 9 videos; 45% have 10-49 videos — so if you don’t have at least 10 videos you’re already behind the competition. Video is a crucial element for successful B2B industrial marketing.
In the next few posts, we will cover using video on Facebook and then on YouTube and Vimeo for your industrial business.
Other Posts of Interest
Industrial Social Media Marketing 2019
5 Tips for Successful Industrial Social Media
Using Industrial Facebook Pages