A client of mine was asking this week about DMOZ (also known as Open Directory Project).
For those of us who have been in the internet marketing business for over 10 years we are quite familiar with DMOZ.
It has been a little while since I worked with DMOZ so I did a little research this week and found that DMOZ is alive and well.
Here are the instruction to Submit to DMOZ.
1. Click here to visit DMOZ
2. Search Categories, to find the best category that represents your website.
3. Click on Suggest URL in the top right corner.
4. Add the site URL (don’t forget to include http://), title, and description.
5. Then select submit at the bottom of the page.
A couple of DMOZ rules to take into consideration
1. Don’t submit sites that are under construction.
2. Don’t submit any site that redirects to another domain address.
I recommend that you take time to Submit to DMOZ.