So You Have Facebook… Now What?
Now that you’ve learned the bare-bone basics of creating a Facebook account and interacting with friends/clients, let’s get into the details. By the end of this post, you should know how to:
- Upload a cover photo
- Add pictures and videos to your own timeline
How to Upload a Cover Photo
Remember, once you go to Facebook.com and sign into your account, it will redirect you to your home page, or your news feed. In order to access your own timeline, click on your name with your little profile picture beside it at the top of your screen.
- Once you’ve arrived at your own timeline, click on the little camera icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- You can either choose a photo from those you’ve already uploaded to Facebook, or you can choose one from the pictures you have saved to your computer.
- Double click a photo of your choice and watch it appear as your cover photo.
- Next, you’ll need to drag the picture around to your desired position.
- Voila! You’ve uploaded a cover photo.
Adding Photos and Videos to Your Timeline:
There are a few different ways that you can do this. If you have your mobile devices synced to your Facebook account, you can even do it from there. However, I’m going to show you how to upload pictures and videos on your laptop or desktop computer.
- You can add a photo and video to your timeline from the home page by clicking the “photo/video” button in your status bar.
- This works the same way as the cover photo did – choose a photo or video from your PC library. If you wish, you can choose multiple photos and videos to upload at once.
- Next, say something about your photos.
- Tag friends by clicking the little person with the plus sign icon. You can also add your current mood and location here.
- Finally, choose who can see this picture or video (just friends, everyone on Facebook, etc.)
There you have it! You are well on your way to engaging with friends and family by posting interesting items on your timeline.