The video preview frame is the one frame people see when they are deciding if they’re going to watch your video or not. The preview frame, the title, and the number of previous viewers are all people have to go on.
Naturally, the video frame has a large impact on whether or not people will make the split second decision to watch your video.
For most users, when you are uploading your video, YouTube will select a random selection of frames from your video and pick one by default. You can instead choose which frame YouTube displays.
Pick the frame that you believe will get the most attention. If none of the frames are good and you really want to change the frames, delete your video and re-upload it with slightly different time frames. YouTube will again randomly take frames from different parts of the video, allowing you another range of choices for your frames.
1. Go to “My Channel” to view your videos.
2. Select the video you want to change the preview frame.
3. Click on the pen for editing.
4. In the middle on the screen, you should see a variety of different thumbnails to choose from.
5. Edit the video preview frame by selecting a different frame.
Remember you video preview frame is one of the things that draws people to watch your video. Keep it interesting!