Exciting Tech News
There have been lots of exciting things happening in the world of technology lately! There are a few tech news items that are important for business owners to stay on top of so I thought I would touch on them here.
- Are ebooks on their way out? Reports show sales plunged by almost 20% for ebooks in 2016 while paper book sales increased. Will this be a trend? Are you an ebook fan or a paper book fan?
- Facebook made some significant changes. The one that I noticed most was the opportunity to give people with non-admin rights the ability to post Facebook live videos on a page. This opens the door for multiple contributors to produce video on a page and we all know that video, especially Facebook live video creates huge engagement on Facebook.
- If you are running Facebook Ads, you now have new insights to review.
- Facebook also introduced a new In-App camera. The Facebook in-app camera is packed with dozens of effects like masks, frames and interactive filters that you can apply to your photos and videos – to make them more fun.
- Instagram Stories now has more active users than SnapChat. Which do you use?
- Twitter launched a lightweight version of itself calledbTwitter Lite. It supposedly has many of the same features but uses less data. Have you tried it yet?
- Twitter also revamped their replies so they do not count usernames in the character limits. This is good news for those who have trouble with character limits.
Will any of these items make a difference in your business? It depends on your business and how you are using social media and other technology. To me, the two biggest things are the ability to give Facebook Live video rights to others and Instagram with more users than Snapchat. Which one makes the biggest impression on you?