Building a B2B Business Blog – Step 5B: Adding Pictures via the Media Library
In our last post, we discussed uploading images to include in your post. There are two additional ways to add images. In this post, we will discuss using a picture you have already uploaded to your Media Library. So let’s get started.
Adding a Picture via the Media Library
If you already have an image uploaded to WordPress, you can add that image to a blog post by selecting the “Media Library” option. Follow these steps:
- Click the Add Media button.
- WordPress will open to your Media Library automatically. You can scroll down to find the image you want or type a word or phrase into the Search box in the upper right corner of the popup.
- After finding the image you want to use, hover the mouse over that image and click it.
- Change the Title and add an Alt Text.
- Add a caption if you want it.
- Align the photo and select its link-to location.
- Choose your size and click “Insert into post.”
Once you have a number of pictures in your library, you will use this feature often. Especially if there are items you sell.
In our next post, we will discuss adding pictures from a URL.
Other Posts About Blogging
You might be interested in some of our other posts about blogging.
3 Top Blogging Mistakes Beginners Make
5 Ways to Make Sure Your Readers Return to Your Blog
Good Content Can Hep Increase Blog Traffic