Building a B2B Business Blog – Step 4: Writing Your First Post
Hopefully you’ve completed the simple steps so far and are ready to start posting on your brand new blog!
It is important to remember that no matter how pretty your site, the most important thing is your content. Content is what keeps people coming back for more. So let’s get started with your first post.
Your First Post
- Type YourBlogName.com/wp-admin/ into your browser window, and you’ll be taken to the administration section of your site. Enter the Admin User Name and password you created earlier.
- You will now see the WordPress.org backroom where you can change the theme of your site, add blog posts and pages, and create whatever type of experience you desire for your followers and readers. WordPress is extremely user-friendly.
- Simply select Posts > Add New from the left sidebar.
- Enter a title for your first post, and start writing.
- Type a sentence or two in the area indicated.
- Make sure you choose the “Visual” option over “Text”, because this requires no HTML coding. Whatever you type will appear just as you enter it.
- To the right of the screen you will see a button that says “Save Draft.” You want to save often so you don’t lose your work.
- Proofread and spellcheck what you have written to make sure the errors are fixed.
- Look to the right of the screen and you will see a button that says “publish”.
- Once you click this button, you have officially published your first post to the World Wide Web!
Don’t worry about perfection at this stage – you’re just getting started, and it’s better to do something imperfectly than not at all!
That was easy enough, right. Next, we will tackle adding pictures to your posts.